I'm the Conservative Party candidate for Meols ward, which spans Crossens, Churchtown and Marshside.
I stood in Meols at the last set of local elections, in May 2021, where I came second. I'm incredibly proud of the campaign I ran on the issues which mattered most to local residents. I received 1112 votes, more than double the 535 votes we received in the previous election.
I have a number of priorities for my campaign in Meols which include:
- Helping to lead the opposition to Sefton's Cycle Lane expansion plans.
- Securing increased investment into the Botanic Gardens - including cleaning the lake and bringing back the full-time gardeners which Sefton made redundant.
- Backing our local MP with town-wide projects such as our £38.5 million Town Deal, reviewing Southport's position within Sefton, and restoring the Burscough Curves.
- Securing a massive highways infrastructure project to restore and repaint roads across Meols.
- Combating flooding issues, especially around parts of Churchtown and Crossens.
- Opposing certain development projects, such as at the Bankfield Lane site.
- Making our streets safer by ensuring Meols is allocated more dedicated ward police officers.
- Supporting the creation of parish councils for Crossens and Churchtown.
- Securing a First Hour Free parking policy introduction in Southport town centre.
- Keeping council tax low by esuring that catastropic decisions - such as the purchase of the Bootle Strand for £32 million - do not happen again.
If you live in Meols and wish to discuss any local issue you may have, or any of my campaign priorities, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to speak with you via email, over the phone, or in-person.
I hope to have your support in May 2022.